www.flickr.com
martian cat's Some of my favorites photoset martian cat's
Some of my favorites

photoset

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Can you come to my Japanese green tea party?

I always love a nice cup of Japanese green tea in the afternoon.

The Japanese green tea is ready!

The Japanese green tea is ready!

Pouring green tea into a teacup has a certain style. I studied the Japanese tea ceremony when I first arrived in Japan. I still use some of that technique when I enjoy my cup of green tea.

Can you come to my Japanese green tea party?

My Japanese Noritake porcelain tea set is trimmed with platinum. There are mountains and cherry blossom petals on it. Each saucer is traditional Japanese reddish-brown lacquerware.

Japanese traditional strawberry & cherry green tea treats

The white porcelain dishes with the traditional Japanese green tea treats are gold trimmed Yokohama china in a shell shape.

Your Japanese green tea is served.

The tea treats are cherry mochi (a thin sweetened cherry flavored rice cake) a with cherry flavored Japanese an (a cherry flavored sweetened bean jam) filling and topped with a fresh strawberry. The outer covering is a fresh cherry leaf.

A traditional Japanese cherry wood green tea cannister

My traditional Japanese tea cannister is covered with cherry wood and has cherry tree branches with blossoms and leaves carved into it.

more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home